Monday, February 15, 2016

While we wait...

In case you missed it, our family is growing! You can read about it here. And we are merely waiting for the ICPC to be cleared so we can travel to meet him! The last five days have been insanely surreal. Processing the quick decision of the adoption conference, the reality that we will have another child in our family, gathering all the things. Basically...


N E S T I N G


I have become a cleaning machine, an organizing goddess, a KonMari queen. Our trash can was nearly overflowing onto the curb the 24 hours after garbage day. I know myself. I'm going to want to come home to a spotless home, a breath of fresh air from travel and an extended say. I know, I'm crazy. My husband would agree with you. I've made peace with this part of myself. I'm also a packer. We will undoubtedly be packed for a week long stay by midnight tonight. I get it. There is something wrong with me. I also know I'm not going to want to do or be doing anything but chasing kids and snuggling.


Really, though, I think I just need something semi-productive to do while I wait. This time of waiting is my favorite. We didn't have this time with our first adoption. There is certainty and joyful hope in this wait. We wait, not knowing at all when we will leave, but we do know soon. And he is out there. He is real. He is breathing the air. He is laughing and crying and sleeping. And soon, so very soon, we will hold him. It's excruciating! And amazing and overwhelming, and dripping with joy.


So aside from the crazed cleaning lady I've become, life is pretty normal. We wake up, read, play, clean, go out and about...dinner. Except it's completely not normal. I'll find myself doing new weird things -- like registering at Target or Babies'R'Us. I'm literally holding the scanner and just stare at it then laugh out loud. Like, What am I doing here? I have no business here. And the excitement return, butterflies in my stomach just thinking about what we could be doing in a just a couple of days!


There is a buzz in the air. We are waiting, it is coming, and we feel it every second. I CAN'T WAIT!!


We would love your continued prayers. Pray for us as we prepare for this new adventure with all it's joy and adjustment. Pray for our girl -- she is so excited, yet has really no idea how much life will change. Pray for our little guy who is waiting, that this process is kind to him, that the Lord would prepare his heart for the things to come. Pray for the foster family, his birth family, and also the other families weren't chosen, and are still waiting. Pray too for anyone who is coming in contact with the ICPC -- that they feel inexplicably completed to push it through immediately. The offices are open tomorrow and I am praying for an answer by the end of the day!


Thank you so much for your love and support. It is felt, needed, appreciated, treasured, and such a blessing to us as we continue to grow this tiny tribe. We are so grateful for you. Truly we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts and words!