Thursday, May 1, 2014

ICPC Approval


Happy May!

When I got the phone call from DHS in January that we had been deemed the intended adoptive family for our little girl, and then getting another call saying we would have to wait until May for the possibility of bringing her home -- May could not come fast enough. And now it is here. And I am wondering how on earth that happened so painfully slow and crazy fast at the same time. The odd and eery time warp that is parenthood I guess. It is May and although our adoption journey is far from over, I breath a deep sigh of relief.

We have survived winter.

It is M A Y.
.     .     .     .     .

It occurs to me that I have not updated ya'll on our progress lately!! Maybe because every time I sit down to do so I get another phone call or email that changes it all again. Seems there is always something going on, but nothing really happen...until NOW!

Our ICPC has been approved!

An ICPC (Interstate Compact for Placement of Children) is a contract agreement between two states or agencies when dealing with state-to-state placements in foster care. It's an agreement between the child's state of origin and the new placement state (MN) stating that MN and our agency will take responsibility for the child and will facilitate post-placement supervision and visits.

Let me just tell you this: It's a HUGE step completed and moving in the right direction. . Piles of paper work filled out, completed, sent in, filed and finally APPROVED.

And...We are currently preparing for our third trip south for some visits and an important court hearing. Prayers are greatly appreciated.


If you have not yet seen it, we have launched a new fundraiser through giveforward.com. You can visit our fundraising page here. I have also included a link to the right. If you can't give anything financially right now, that's okay! Please so think about taking a few moments to click the SUPPORT button to drum up some more traffic for us! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts and words!